Why is PhD in Chemistry in Toruń?
Why is PhD in Chemistry at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń worth choosing?
Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń is one of the top five universities in Poland. Faculty of Chemistry at NCU is one of the best Faculties of Chemistry in Poland. We offer PhD studies in all main areas of Chemistry. Individual work of students with professors (ratio of about 2:1) is preferred.
- PhD in Chemistry at NCU is based on experimental research. The graduate program gives you the opportunity to learn the advanced problems of science and to put into practice the theory you have learned during MSc studies.
- PhD program is focused on the original research. Study is under the direct supervision of the staff.
- PhD students are engaged in teaching on BSc and MSc courses. PhD graduates are acquainted with practical skills of teaching.
- Our Faculty cooperates closely with Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz (Medical University previously) and Centre for Modern Interdisciplinary Technologies Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
- NCU has one of the biggest and modern Library in Poland (above 3 million books and documents).
- Every PhD student has the opportunity to learn Polish language easily in everyday life and the University also runs Polish language courses: http://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/phd_studies/polish_courses/.
- NCU offers students a wide range of cultural, recreation and sports activities. Students can spend free time in state-of-the-art University Sport Centre (with swimming pool and climbing wall), in Students Cultural Centre “Od Nowa” (festivals, cinema, concerts, exhibitions, meetings) or in many students clubs. Toruń is a city of traditions and famous historical places. Students will find here not only interesting historical monuments (UNESCO World Heritage List) but also the diversity of tourist attractions of the region. More information: http://www.visittorun.pl/ and http://www.kujawsko-pomorskie.travel/en/.
- Nice town, great life!