Fees and financial support
Details on tuition fees for studies in English and other fees related to e. g. admission can be found on the NCU website under the link: https://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/in_english/tuition/
A foreigner may be exempt from the fees pursuant to the rules laid down in an agreement between higher education institutions or an international agreement.
To see if you are eligible for a tuition fee waiver, check the document: https://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/in_english/tuition/Who_does_not_pay_for_studies.pdf
Scholarships and financial support
Students taking part in scientific research as part of research projects funded by the “Excellence Initiative – Research University” programme may receive scholarships depending on the project.
Please also keep an eye out for announcements of scholarships offered in the frame of research grants obtained by researchers of the Faculty of Chemistry.
Foreign students may apply for access to financial aid from the state budget, i. e. for a maintenance grant and a student loan if they:
- have a permanent residence permit or are long-term residents of the EU,
- have a temporary residence permit in connection with the circumstances referred to in Article 159(1) or Article 186(1)(3) or (4) of the Act on Foreigners,
- have the status of refugee granted in the Republic of Poland or enjoy temporary protection or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- have a certificate confirming their knowledge of Polish as a foreign language at least at the C1 language proficiency level,
- have a Polish Charter or a decision on the confirmation of Polish origin,
- are a spouse, ascendant or descendant of a citizen of the Republic of Poland, residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
All foreign students are entitled to apply for other financial aid benefits, i. e:
- rector’s scholarship,
- scholarship for disabled persons,
- an allowance,
- scholarship funded by a local government unit,
- scholarship for learning or sports achievements financed by a person that is not a state or local government legal person,
- minister’s scholarship.
The Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń may grant scholarships to students from abroad who have achieved high average grade and who in the past two years have conducted scientific or artistic activities.
For information regarding financial support, contact the Students Office.