Summer Camps and Schools
Toruń Students Summer Program in Natural Sciences 2023
Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, and Faculty of Earth Sciences and Spatial Management of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, are pleased to welcome applications for the 2023 edition of the TSSP NatSci program. TSSP NatSci is an opportunity for students interested in Natural Sciences to lead a 4-week-long summer research project.
The main component of the summer program is an active participation in the implementation of selected research projects offered by the staff members of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. Interested students are welcome to contact possible advisors for more details concerning the foreseen projects and discuss the dates that the project could be undertaken. Apart from the projects, once a week we will organize an invited lecture for the entire group. We will also offer short trips / sightseeing in the Toruń area on selected weekends (depending on the pandemic situation). All students will be asked to give 15-minute presentations about the results of their projects at the end of their stay in Toruń.
Projects performed at the Faculty of Chemistry:
- Comparison of the antioxidative properties of the polymeric films containing different essential oils
- Novel hybrid systems based on 3D graphene and activated carbons from natural sources
- The amazing world of carbon materials – the synthesis of various carbon allotropes
- Influence of different essential oils on the water vapor permeability of polylactide based packaging materials
- Hybrid catalysts for effective production of green hydrogen
- Multi-layered polymer inclusion membranes for the removal of toxic ions
- Emulsification process with membranes possessing asymmetric wettability
- Tailored protein-coated magnetic nanoparticles as carriers for doxorubicin
- The film forming properties of selected gelatin based mixtures and effect of crosslinking on mechanical properties of cast films
- Desalination by using pervaporation process
We kindly ask all interested students to provide us with the following information in English or Polish:
- Application form;
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 4 pages);
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page) containing the title(s) of the project(s) they would like to contribute to
- Consent to personal data processing.
- Optional: letter of recommendation, e.g. from their scientific advisor, staff member from their institute, former internship advisor, etc.
- Proof of student status.
Complete applications should be send to natsci [at] umk.pl before the deadline of
April 20th, 2022, 14:00 CET (extended: May 10th, 2023). The results of the selection procedure will be announced on the 24th of May, 2023.
More information and the application form are available on the Application website.
Let’s meet at the NCU! Summer Camp 4-22 July 2022
Are you a FOREIGNER (do not have Polish citizenship)?
Are you a STUDENT or PhD STUDENT?
Are you very interested in your field of study or related sciences?
Our Summer Camp is for YOU!!!
We invite you to the Summer Camp for International Students and PhD Students:
Learn, discover, enjoy – Summer Camp at NCU
Program for Module 3 (Exact and Natural Sciences): Science Cross Borders: Drugs Design & Testing
July 4th-22nd, 2022
- 3 weeks of learning, discovering and spending time together in an international student group – ONE week online, TWO weeks in Toruń
- classes conducted in English by the professional staff of many departments of the NCU in Toruń
- interesting curriculum in three specialist modules to choose from
- attractive cultural program
- guaranteed free accommodation, meals, city transport in Toruń
- certificate of completion of the course and 6 ECTS points
All this is waiting for you in July 2022! You can apply until May 27th, 2022.
More information and recruitment: https://letsmeetatncu.umk.pl/pages/module-3/
Toruń Students Summer Program in Natural Sciences 2022
Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, and Faculty of Earth Sciences and Spatial Management of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, are pleased to welcome applications for the 2022 edition of the TSSP NatSci program. TSSP NatSci is an opportunity for students interested in Natural Sciences to lead a 4-week-long summer research project in one of the following areas (the list is not complete): biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical sciences, Earth sciences, environmental protection, geography, spatial management, tourism, veterinary.
Projects performed at the Faculty of Chemistry:
- Encapsulation of active ingredients for topical application
- Fabrication and characterization of novel cosmetics with graphene
- Synthesis and characterization of graphene-based catalysts for water splitting technology
- Can “piranha” eat alumina foil? – chemical etching and material characterization of Al foil?
- Synthesis and application of new deep eutectic solvents in the transport and separation of Cd(II), Zn(II), Pb(II) and Cu(II) ions through polymer inclusion membranes
- Investigation of driving force effect on water transport in forward osmosis (FO)
- Swelling of biopolymeric films – a feature that mimics the nature
- Assessment of new polymeric films as potential biodegradable packaging materials
Completed applications should be sent to natsci [at] umk.pl before the deadline of
May 8th, 2022, 14:00 CET (extended: May 16th, 2022).
For the details and application, see the Summer Program website
Toruń Students Summer Program in Natural Sciences 2021
Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, and Faculty of Earth Sciences and Spatial Management of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, are pleased to welcome applications for the 2021 edition of the TSSP NatSci program. TSSP NatSci is an opportunity for students interested in Natural Sciences to lead a 4-week-long summer research project in one of the following areas (the list is not complete):
For the details, see the Summer Program website
Summer Chem Camp
8th – 28th July 2019 Toruń, Poland
- Exciting chemistry – STUDENT’S SHOWS;
- Chemical reactions that will fascinate you – experiments in laboratoty;
- Fun with Food Chemistry… and you know what do you eat;
- Haw to make your own cosmetic? – classes in the laboratory;
- Instruments for modern chemistry.
POLAND – lovely country located in the middle of Europe offers a lot of amazing places to see, and we will show you some of them.
- The OLD CITY of TORUŃ (the Medieval Town on the UNESCO World Heritage List);
- Amber Track Tour; Gdańsk, Sopot (all day);
- Gotic Castles (Malbork, Gniew) (all day);
- Warsaw the capital of Poland;
- Ciechocinek – Pearl of Polish Health Resort (brine graduation towers with unique construction and healthful effects);
- Tour to Kłodawa (salt mine) and Uniejów (hot springs) (all day);
- Tour around the Countries Capitals in Europe (1 week).
- The Living Museum of Gingerbread in Toruń an interactive show;
- Aquapark time for relax;
- Barbarka Rope Park – climbing course;
- Szafarnia (Chopin music concert);
- Experience the Drwęca River (trip on the Brodnica Lakeland);
- University Centre for Astronomy – visiting show in the PLANETARIUM.
- DATE: 8th – 28th JULY 2019
- DURATION: 2 + 1 weeks
- FEE: 1000 euro (2 weeks) + 800 euro (Tour around Capitals in Europe – 1 week) per person. Fees cover accommodation, full board (breakfasts, lunches, dinners), trips, social activities and 24-hours hospitality
- attendees have to be aged 18+ at the Summer Chem Camp
- ticket to Poland and insurance not included