High Resolution Scanning Electron Microscopy (HR-SEM)
Scanning electron microscope/focused ion beam (SEM/FIB) Quanta 3D FEG is a hybrid instrument for two- and three-dimensional material characterization, ion etching and preparation of lamellas (SEM, FIB, GIS) for TEM.
Basic microscope parameters:
- accelerating voltage range: 200V-30 kV,
- field emission gun (Schottky FEG),
- resolution: 1.2 nm,
- three vacuum modes (high vacuum, variable vacuum, ESEM * mode).
- SEM (scanning imaging),
- STEM (transmission imaging),
- Micromanipulation (Omniprobe),
- Gallium ion etching (FIB – focused ion beam),
- Supply of platinum working gas (GIS).
- ETD high vacuum detector (detection of SE and BSE signals **),
- LVSED low vacuum detector (detection of SE and BSE signals),
- GSED ESEM mode detector (SE signal detection),
- BSED detector high and variable vacuum (BSE signal detection),
- STEM (detection of BF, DF and HAADF *** signals): bright field, dark field and high angle annular dark field).
- Scanning Electron Microscope with EDX spectrometer (SEM/EDX),
- Fischione Plasma Cleaner 1020 plasma cleaning device,
- Sample trimmer, Leica EM TXP
- sputter for applying nanometric layers of gold with palladium SC7620 and carbon CA7625, manufactured by Quorum Technologies.
Images of the analyzed surface are recorded in digital form, which gives the ability to quickly send analysis results, e.g. by e-mail.
The laboratory provides commissioned research service. We have extensive experience in analyzes for economy sector.
Fees for the analysis are negotiated and depend on the sample feature, number of enlargements the need for special sample preparation etc.