Laboratory for Instrumental Analysis
The Laboratory for Instrumental Analysis (PAI pl.) is the central laboratory of the Faculty of Chemistry at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, where a large research devices, spectrometers, instruments, and tools are located, serving the implementation of statutory researches of the Faculty’s employees.
An additional task of PAI employees is collecting queries, establishing teams and carrying out orders for science and the economy. We offer chemical analysis in the laboratories of the Faculty of Chemistry. Our equipment are modern analytical and measuring devices, manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards by recognized and reputable companies. During the operation of the devices, we use professional technical and application consulting, our equipment is under constant supervision of authorized services.
The execution of orders is handled by teams appointed for a specific task, which makes our services professional and competitively priced. Teams carrying out orders consist of employees of the Faculty of Chemistry.
The laboratory has a management system certificate PN-EN ISO 9001: 2015-10.
certificate ISO2019 (1.48 MB)
We provide complete research services in the field of:
- selection of research methods,
- developing research methods tailored to the specific problem (e.g. research for REACH),
- performing tests,
- compiling results and presenting them in a simple, understandable way,
- carrying out expert opinions.
Our research includes, among others:
- chemical composition analysis of solid and liquid samples (including geological, environmental, industrial, food, pharmaceutical),
- comparative analysis of materials,
- identification of elements and chemical compounds,
- determination of trace elements and micro-traces at the level of 0.01 ng / l,
- determination of changes occurring in samples as a function of temperature,
- structural tests of chemical compounds,
- microscopic imaging of materials combined with elemental analysis.